CT / CAT Imaging
The latest CT technology
Radiology Tasmania has 4 Siemens Multi-slice CT scanners that produce brilliant 3D images that our specialist Doctors can move and rotate in any direction. The CT will be taken by a highly trained technician called a Radiographer.
You must bring your Request form
We can't legally perform a scan without a Request form from your Doctor, so you must bring this with you.
We also need your Medicare card and any old films or CDs you have of previous scans.
How do I prepare?
It is very important that you tell the receptionist if you are pregnant or have diabetes because this may affect your preparation.
To ensure we gain the best image you may be asked to:
- Fast for two hours before your appointment
- Drink a lot of water so you are well hydrated for your scan
- Drink a contrast agent (a watery drink) immediately before your appointment
- Change into an examination gown for your your CT
- If an injection of Contrast (Dye) is required you will be asked to fill in a questionnaire about any allergic
reactions you have had.
You will be asked to lie on a table that moves slowly through the scanner. It is important to stay very still while the images are being taken. The process is painless and takes between 5 and 20 minutes.
Sometimes an injection of Contrast (a special dye) will be given into your arm. If this is necessary the Radiographer will discuss the process with you.
IMPORTANT: If you are allergic to anything, or think you could be pregnant, please tell the Radiographer BEFORE your scan.
If you have any questions about your CT please phone our friendly receptionists at any time.